As part of the SAGE Course Companion series, this book provides a comprehensive introduction and overview of the discipline of penology. It provides hints and tips on how to apply this information to maximum effect in coursework and examinations.
This is a highly accessible text for those new to prison studies, or for anyone looking for a refresher. It provides structure and background for all prison and punishment modules on undergraduate criminology and criminal justice degrees. Written in a straightforward and clear style, the book gives detailed explanations for all academic terms used.
The Penology Course Companion provides:
- Easy access to the key themes in punishment and prison studies
- Helpful summaries of the approach taken by the main course textbooks
- Guidance on the essential study skills required to pass the course
- Help with developing critical thinking
- Taking it Further sections that suggest how readers can extent their thinking beyond the "received wisdom"
- Pointers to success in course exams and written assessment exercises
- प्रतिलिपि अधिकार:
- 2008 David Scott
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.