Pilgrimage and Tourism to Holy Cities
This book covers the ideological motives and religious perceptions behind travel to sites prescribed with sanctity in Judaism, Christianity and Islam. It covers sites that have drawn pilgrims and religious tourists to them for hundreds of years, and seeks to provide an understanding of the complex world of religiously motivated travel. Beginning with contemporary perspectives of pilgrimage across these religions, it then discusses management aspects such as logistics, infrastructure, malevolent behaviour and evangelical volunteers.
- Provides a collection of new, contemporary perspectives on pilgrimage.
- Reviews the ideological motives, history, mental health, and religious perceptions of tourism to holy cities.
- Contains practical applications, models and illustrations of religious tourism and pilgrimage management from a variety of international and academic perspectives.
Written by subject experts, this book addresses cultural sustainability for researchers and practitioners within religious tourism, religious studies, geography and anthropology.
- प्रतिलिपि अधिकार:
- 2017 CAB International
- Book Quality:
- Date of Addition:
- Business and Finance, Nonfiction, Religion and Spirituality, Travel,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.