Introduction to JVM Languages
Explore the Java Virtual Machine with modern programming languages
About This Book
• This guide provides in-depth coverage of the Java Virtual Machine and its features
• Filled with practical examples, this book will help you understand the core concepts of Java, Scala, Clojure, Kotlin, and Groovy
• Work with various programming paradigms and gain knowledge about imperative, object-oriented and functional programming
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
• Gain practical information about the Java Virtual Machine
• Understand the popular JVM languages and the Java Class Library
• Get to know about various programming paradigms such as imperative, object-oriented, and functional
• Work with common JVM tools such as Eclipse IDE, Gradle, and Maven
• Explore frameworks such as SparkJava, Vert.x, Akka and JavaFX
Anyone who knows software development knows about the Java Virtual Machine. The Java Virtual Machine is responsible for interpreting Java byte code and translating it into actions. In the beginning, Java was the only programming language used for the JVM. But increasing complexity of the language and the remarkable performance of the JVM created an opening for a new generation of programming languages. If you want to build a strong foundation with the Java Virtual Machine and get started with popular modern programming languages, then this book is for you.
The book will begin with a general introduction of the JVM and its features, which are common to the JVM languages, helping you get abreast with its concepts. It will then dive into explaining languages such as Java, Scala, Clojure, Kotlin, and Groovy and will show how to work with each language, their features, use cases, and pros and cons. By writing example projects in those languages and focusing on each language's strong points, it will help you find the programming language that is most appropriate for your particular needs.
By the end of the book, you will have written multiple programs that run on the Java Virtual Machine and know about the differences between the various languages.
Style and approach
This practical, example-filled guide will help you get started with the JVM and some of its most popular languages.
- प्रतिलिपि अधिकार:
- 2017 Packt
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.