Responsive Web Design with HTML5 and CSS3 Essentials
Design and deliver an optimal user experience for all devices
About This Book
* Get to grips with the core functionality of RWD through examples
* Discover how to make layouts, content and media flexible, and explore why a content-first approach is more effective
* Maximize the performance of your web pages so that they work across all browsers and devices irrespective of the screen size
Who This Book Is For
This book is for web designers who are familiar with HTML and CSS, and want to begin with responsive web design. Web development experience and knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 is assumed.
What You Will Learn
* Explore various layout options
* Understand what can be achieved in the browser, without the use of third-party tools
* Executing media queries to benefit responsive designs
* Understand the basics of responsive workflow and boilerplate frameworks
* Improve performance of responsive web design
* Maintain compatibility across various browsers
Responsive web design (RWD) is a web design approach aimed at crafting sites to provide an optimal viewing and interaction experience--providing easy reading and navigation with minimum resizing, panning, and scrolling--and all of this across a wide range of devices from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones. Responsive web design is becoming more important as the amount of mobile traffic now accounts for more than half of the Internet's total traffic.
This book will give you in depth knowledge about the basics of responsive web design. You will embark on a journey of building effective responsive web pages that work across a range of devices, from mobile phones to smart TVs, with nothing more than standard markup and styling techniques.
You'll begin by getting an understanding of what RWD is and its significance to the modern web. Building on the basics, you'll learn about layouts and media queries. Following this, we'll dive into creating layouts using grid based templates. We'll also cover the important topic of performance management, and discover how to tackle cross-browser challenges.
Style and approach
This is a practical example-based book which will delve into various elements and benefits of a responsive web design. It will help you understand the essential skills needed to create responsive web sites and guide you through the basics of building responsive web pages for any device. The topics are a blend of theoretical and practical essentials which will assist you to explore more about responsive web design.
- प्रतिलिपि अधिकार:
- 2016 Packt Publishing
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.