Access Data Analysis Cookbook
If you have large quantities of data in a Microsoft Access database, and need to study that data in depth, this book is a data cruncher's dream. Access Data Analysis Cookbook offers practical recipes to solve a variety of common problems that users have with extracting Access data and performing calculations on it. Each recipe includes a discussion on how and why the solution works.
Whether you use Access 2007 or an earlier version, this book will teach you new methods to query data, different ways to move data in and out of Access, how to calculate answers to financial and investment issues, and more. Learn how to apply statistics to summarize business information, how to jump beyond SQL by manipulating data with VBA, how to process dates and times, and even how to reach into the Excel data analysis toolkit. Recipes demonstrate ways to:
* Develop basic and sophisticated queries
* Apply aggregate functions, custom functions, regular expressions, and crosstabs
* Apply queries to perform non-passive activities such as inserting, updating, and deleting data
* Create and manipulate tables and queries programmatically
* Manage text-based data, including methods to isolate parts of a string and ways to work with numbers that are stored as text
* Use arrays, read and write to the Windows registry, encrypt data, and use transaction processing
* Use the FileSystemObject, use XML with XSLT, communicate with SQL Server, and exchange data with other Office products
* Find answers from time-based data, such as how to add time, count elapsed time, work with leap years, and how to manage time zones in your calculations
* Deal with business and finance problems, including methods for calculating depreciation, loan paybacks, and Return on Investment (ROI)
* Explore statistical techniques, such as frequency, variance, kurtosis, linear regression, combinations and permutations
Access Data Analysis Cookbook is a one-stop-shop for extracting nuggets of valuable information from your database, and anyone with Access experience will benefit from these tips and techniques, including seasoned developers. If you want to use your data, and not just store it, you'll find this guide indispensable.
- प्रतिलिपि अधिकार:
- 2008 O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Book Quality:
- O'Reilly Media
- Date of Addition:
- Computers and Internet, Nonfiction, Reference,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.