Safe or Not Safe
Based on an EU workshop at the end of 2005, the book discusses risk and our food supply. The introductory chapter will discuss all aspects of risk and how it applies to food, from risk classification to risk management. Following a discussion of risk, the authors will present three different case studies that will emphasize the following issues:
* What do we want as individuals, as a society
* What is the political context of the risk discussion
* When do we act and what are the costs of not acting/acting
* International trade and legal issues
* Moral dimensions of decision making
* How do we deal with the disproportionate "power" of the various stakeholders
* Rationality/emotive aspects of argumentation (connection between perception /live experiences, knowledge)
* What are facts- and do they change with time
* Psychological aspects: rapture of trust; the need for certainty; connection between danger, fear and risk
- 2011 Springer
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.