The Physiology of Vegetable Crops
Completely updated and revised, this bestselling book continues to explain the growth and developmental processes involved in the formation of vegetables. Since the publication of the successful first edition significant discoveries, particularly in the area of molecular biology, have deepened and broadened our knowledge and understanding of these processes. This new edition brings the topic up-to-date and is presented over two sections: the first provides general knowledge on germination, transplanting, flowering, the effects of stress and modelling, whilst the second section details the physiology of specific crops or crop groups.
The second edition of The Physiology of Vegetable Crops:
· contains two new chapters looking at stress effects on vegetable crops with a particular emphasis on climate change and models of vegetable growth and development
· is fully updated to reflect recent discoveries and the advent of new production techniques such as growing in artificial environments
· provides enhanced understanding of the growth and function of 18 different vegetable crops
· is heavily illustrated and published in full colour throughout
With contributions from renowned international experts, this is an essential resource for horticultural researchers and extension educators and consultants, as well as a reference for students and researchers in vegetable production, plant breeding, entomology and plant pathology.
- 2020 CAB International
- Book Quality:
- Date of Addition:
- Nonfiction, Science,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.