Writing Skills for Social Workers
Social work students are required to communicate in writing across a variety of practice methods and contexts. This book has been designed to help develop the skills to do this with confidence during their qualifying degree and throughout their professional career. The book covers a wide range of writing skills, including writing case-notes, report and proposal writing, completing a literature review, writing journal articles and successful funding applications. New content include:
· New material on confidentiality and the use of encryption.
· Reference to recent changes to regulation and new material on the pressures of staying up-to-date with new technology.
· Extended coverage of collaborative writing and group working skills.
· Up-to-date references, further reading and links to professional standards and CPD.
- 2019 Karen Healy and Joan Mulholland
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.