Sustainable Bamboo Development
This book presents over 40 cases of bamboo development from across 22 major bamboo-industry countries and explores the knowledge gained from their successes and failures. It synthesizes experiences and exchanges with country experts from international training courses, study tours, and seminars. Each case includes detailed observations and summaries of discussions related to the development of bamboo-based industries in a healthy, sustainable way to facilitate the strategic and balanced development of the bamboo sectors in different global regions. Industrial and artisanal bamboo growing and processing is expanding worldwide, and this book collates key experiences to inform future developments.
Sustainable Bamboo Development:
- Is authored by an internationally recognized leading expert in the growth and use of bamboo
- Takes a holistic view, covering all aspects of development including technical, socio-economic, policy, cultural, and business development
- Provides practical knowledge to guide the development of bamboo sectors
- Gives a clear idea and rich examples of what has been attempted in many countries
- Acts as a road map for using bamboo as a poverty reduction and environmental security tool
Highly illustrated and presented in full color throughout, this book is an essential resource for private sector investors, governmental and development agencies, and academic researchers and students who are all interested in bamboo.
- 2018 Cabi
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.