Commonwealth Caribbean Law and Legal Systems
Fully updated and revised to fit in with the new laws and structure in the Commonwealth Caribbean law and legal systems, this new edition examines the institutions, structures and processes of the law in the Commonwealth Caribbean.
The author explores:
- the court system and the new Caribbean Court of Justice which replaces appeals to the Privy Council
- the offshore financial legal sector
- Caribbean customary law and the rights of indigenous peoples
- the Constitutions of Commonwealth Caribbean jurisdictions and Human Rights
- the impact of the historical continuum to the region's jurisprudence including the question of reparations
- the complexities of judicial precedent for Caribbean peoples
- international law as a source of law
- alternative dispute mechanisms and the Ombudsman
Effortlessy combining discussions of traditional subjects with those on more innovative subject areas, this book is an exciting exposition of Caribbean law and legal systems for those studying comparative law.
- 2008 Rose-Marie Belle Antoine
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.