Unleash the power of Python scripting to execute effective and efficient penetration tests
About This Book
* Sharpen your pentesting skills with Python
* Develop your fluency with Python to write sharper scripts for rigorous security testing
* Get stuck into some of the most powerful tools in the security world
Who This Book Is For
If you are a Python programmer or a security researcher who has basic knowledge of Python programming and wants to learn about penetration testing with the help of Python, this course is ideal for you. Even if you are new to the field of ethical hacking, this course can help you find the vulnerabilities in your system so that you are ready to tackle any kind of attack or intrusion.
What You Will Learn
* Familiarize yourself with the generation of Metasploit resource files and use the Metasploit Remote Procedure Call to automate exploit generation and execution
* Exploit the Remote File Inclusion to gain administrative access to systems with Python and other scripting languages
* Crack an organization's Internet perimeter and chain exploits to gain deeper access to an organization's resources
* Explore wireless traffic with the help of various programs and perform wireless attacks with Python programs
* Gather passive information from a website using automated scripts and perform XSS, SQL injection, and parameter tampering attacks
* Develop complicated header-based attacks through Python
Cybercriminals are always one step ahead, when it comes to tools and techniques. This means you need to use the same tools and adopt the same mindset to properly secure your software. This course shows you how to do just that, demonstrating how effective Python can be for powerful pentesting that keeps your software safe. Comprising of three key modules, follow each one to push your Python and security skills to the next level.
In the first module, we'll show you how to get to grips with the fundamentals. This means you'll quickly find out how to tackle some of the common challenges facing pentesters using custom Python tools designed specifically for your needs. You'll also learn what tools to use and when, giving you complete confidence when deploying your pentester tools to combat any potential threat.
In the next module you'll begin hacking into the application layer. Covering everything from parameter tampering, DDoS, XXS and SQL injection, it will build on the knowledge and skills you learned in the first module to make you an even more fluent security expert.
Finally in the third module, you'll find more than 60 Python pentesting recipes. We think this will soon become your trusted resource for any pentesting situation.
This Learning Path combines some of the best that Packt has to offer in one complete, curated package. It includes content from the following Packt products:
* Learning Penetration Testing with Python by Christopher Duffy
* Python Penetration Testing Essentials by Mohit
* Python Web Penetration Testing Cookbook by Cameron Buchanan,Terry Ip, Andrew Mabbitt, Benjamin May and Dave Mound
Style and approach
This course provides a quick access to powerful, modern tools, and customizable scripts to kick-start the creation of your own Python web penetration testing toolbox.
- 2016 Packt Publishing
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.